Thursday, February 28, 2013

Birthday cards


Hello!  Hope everyone out there is doing great today.  I am heading up to WA this afternoon for my grandmother's 98th birthday this weekened.  YES - 98!  And looking and feeling great - I love my grandma!!!

 I got this card idea the other day off Stampin Connection and I changed it up just a wee bit.  I love the colors Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Rich Razzleberry together.  I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and adhered a strip of Early Espresso that was punched with the scallop border punch on the bottom then adhered all that to the card base.  The 3 strips of paper were all flagged at one end and adhered  to the top of the card. The DSP strip is from the Sycamore Street DSP collection from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Then I wrapped a piece of whisper white 3/8 taffeta riboon around it and tied a bow.  I made the top card with a cupcake from the Create a Cupcake set punched out with the coordinating cupcake punch.  I made this one for a dear friend's daughter and I think it turned out super cute.  The bottom card was more like the one I CASE'd and I used the Elegant Butterfly and the Bitty Butterfly punches as well as a sentiment from one of last years retired hostess sets.

No comments: