Friday, February 8, 2013

Card #3

Good evening!  It's Friday night and amazingly I am here in the house all by myself - lots of peace and quiet!!  Kids are both at the high school basketball game and hubby is playing poker.  This is kinda nice!  I am gearing myself up for tomorrow night's festivities....it's my daughter's birthday party and there will be 9 girls over here getting their hair, nails, and make up done for her "spa" themed sleepover.  Not sure what I agreed to!!  Wish me luck......

Here is another card from my last class.  Everyone really enjoyed this card - very good one because the gals could put any sentiment on it that they wanted.  I always love making at least one card like that.  I am not sure if you can see the background very well but we used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and then colored in the flower centers with the Elegant Eggplant marker.  The butterflies are from the awesome Papillon Potpourri set and are punched out with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  There is a solid cardstock butterfly underneath eached stamped butterfly to give it a shaded look.  The colors I used are Elegant Eggplant, Gumball Green, and Baja Breeze.  All of this is mounted on a card base of Crumb Cake cardstock.  I also used one of the doilies from the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit.  Some pearls, rhinestones, and a small button from the Bitty Buttons pack were used as well for a little "pop".  I am pretty sure I got this idea off Stampin Connection - I apologize that I don't remember from whom.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: