Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Valentine birthday

Good afternoon from chilly Oregon!  We've had a little bit of a cold streak here and I have been freezing.  Got the heat turned up and several layers on and still feel chilled.  At least I have been getting several card making projects done that were on my to-do list so that is good.  The first being my daughter's upcoming 12th birthday party invites and thank you's.  She is a Valentine baby so it's always fun to do something with hearts on it.  I decided to use up a bunch of retired DSP and heart eyelets so these cards worked out perfectly.  I borrowed the petite purse die from my friend Karen and I was surprised at how much I liked it.  It's certainly small but very versatile and super cute.  9 hershey kisses will fit inside there! I used the large flower on the Boho Blossoms punch along with another retired punch flower on the purse and thought it turned out cute.  Of course adding a little bling with the rhinestone is always a fun touch.  The friend heart is from my favorite I heart hearts set that retired last year (sad face!) and punched out with the still current heart punch.  I used the colors Real Red, and Pretty in Pink for these cards.  Hope you all keep warm out there!

No comments: