Sunday, March 24, 2013

Flower Card

Happy Sunday everyone.  Woke up to a bright sunny day here in Oregon - always puts me in a better mood! It's officially Spring Break here so the kids are sleeping in and being lazy :).  Fine by me!

Here is an adorable card I recently CASE'd from Elizabeth Hurst (yes - can you believe it?  I actually wrote down the name of the gal who made this card! I soo need to be better about giving credit where due.).  The cardstock colors used were Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White.  The card feels so Springy to me.  The stamp set used is Mixed Bunch and I stamped the image with Versamark and then embossed it using the clear embossing powder.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up very well in the photo on the Daffodil Delight but you get the idea on the Pool Party flower and it looks super cool in person.  I then punched out the flowers using the coordinating Blossom punch.  I also used the punch to punch out one flower in Wild Wasabi and then I cut it to use for the petals.  The Crumb Cake card stock is embossed using the awesome Honecomb textured embossing folder.  I am using it ALL THE TIME!!  I love love love it! The greeting is from the new Wishes Your Way stamp set that is in the Spring Mini.  The flower center is punched out with the Boho Blossom punch and then a rhinestone was added for the final touch.  You could make this card for just about any occasion.  Think I will be making this at my next class!

No comments: