Monday, April 15, 2013

Create a Cupcake

Hello!! So sorry it has been several weeks since my last post.  Between spring break, baseball for my son and basketball for my daughter - its been fairly busy around here.  I got the chance to get a few cards made last week for my upcoming class this weekend so I thought I would post one today.
This card was made using the Create a Cupcake set which is one of my favorites.  And how awesome that its a card without a cupcake!  I love it when you can use a stamp set for multiple different things. The colors used are Always Artichoke, Tangerine Tango, Soft Suede, and the retiring River Rock.  The ribbon is the 1/2 in scallop dots ribbon in Tangerine Tango.  I used my markers and colored the flower stamp with the Tangerine Tango and Always Artichoke and stamped the image 6 times reapplying ink each time.  I stamped these images directly onto the whisper white cardstock after I had punched a piece out with the 2 3/8 scalloped circle punch.  The flower pot was stamped in Soft Suede and then punched out using the Cupcake Builder punch and then adhered to the scalloped circle with a dimensional.  Then the scalloped circle was adhered with dimensionals over the top of the ribbon.  The nice thing about this card is that you can stamp just about any greeting on the bottom - it fits for several different themes.  Some of the ladies attending the class will probably make this a Mother's Day card. 
Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: