Friday, April 19, 2013

Butterfies

Good morning from rainy Oregon.  Was such a bummer to look outside this morning and see icky grey rain.  Hopefully the weather will turn and my son can get in some baseball this weekend.  We'll see!!
Here is a card I made the other day that I CASE'd out of the catty.  Thought about using it this weekend at my card class but decided it just wasn't up to par for me.  I like it but I don't LOVE it, ya know what I mean??  I haven't used this beautiful background stamp much and I have been trying to find a card to use it on.  It's called Parlor Prints.  The ink used is Bashful Blue and I have to be honest here and say that I am not sad that it is retiring soon.  I used to use it all of the time but ever since Pool Party came out - that has been my go-to blue and I haven't used this color in almost 2 years!!.  It does go beautifully with the Rose Red and Certainly Celery butterflies I punched out of the Color Collection  Designer Series Paper packs. I used the Scallop Trim Border on some Rose Red cardstock and mounted that behind the piece I background stamped.  Added different sized rhinestones for some sparkle and there you go.
I hope you all have a great weekend.  I will post more cards next week from my upcoming class.

No comments: