Saturday, June 1, 2013

Good morning!  Can you believe it is June 1st??  Big day at Stampin Up!  The new catalog has arrived with lots of new fun goodies and a color refresh.  Out with the old and in with the new as they say.  One color that has now been retired is More Mustard.  I had quite a bit of it so I am trying to come up with different cards to use it up.  One card I have seen a lot on different websites is this beer mug - you could use pink and make a strawberry milkshake too.  It was my hubby's birthday a few weeks ago so this was a perfect card for him.  I did add a banner across the lower portion of the card that said Happy Birthday but I forgot to take a photo of the completed card - sorry!  If he still has the card somewhere I will try and take another photo and post it so you can see the completed card.  I unfortunately do not have a "Cheers" stamp because that would be a perfect greeting to put on here.
The bubbles are just different sized circles punched out.  The handle was made using the extra large oval punch and then "biting" into that with the large oval punch. The More Mustard panels were rounded on the corners and adhered to a piece of Very Vanilla.  The handle is Very Vanilla as well but the bubbles are in Whisper White.  Stands out a little better in person than in the photo.
Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: